Experiment: Pastry Filling
I still have yet to make this into a pastry, but it is delicious as a spread on a sandwich. This spread/filling was inspired by my desire to make something similar to Samosa. I don’t yet know what I will do with it, but it certainly does refrigerate well!
Asemble the following:
- 16 Oz black beans, cooked and drained
- 1/2 C white rice, cooked
- 1 medium red potato, finely cubed
- 1 c French’s fried onion
- 1 cl garlic finely minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Crushed Red pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Do this with it:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Sauté garlic and potato until golden brown, drain and allow to cool.
- In medium mixing bowl combine rice, beans, fried onion, potato and garlic. Mash until evenly combined.