Kitchen Essential: Roasted Roma Tomato Marinara
- 3 Cloves garlic finely, minced
- 1/4 C. scallion or green onion, finely minced
- 1/2 C. Red Onion, finely minced
- 1/8 C. Fresh raw Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 1/2 C Fire Roasted Roma tomato, coarsely chopped
- 16 oz (1 Can) diced tomatoes in water, canning water reserved, tomatoes separated equally
Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper, Italian Seasoning
- Sauté minced veggies until golden and tender in heavy sauce pan .
- Stir in half the canned tomatoes.
- Combine in blender other half can, canning water, 1 tsp Olive Oil, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning; liquefy., add to saucepan.
- Fully drain and coarsely chop roasted Roma and stir into sauce.
Bring to boil for a few minutes, reduce heat and let simmer to desired consistency.
Make in large batches and freeze in containers that hold between three and four servings. Foodsaver Brand Vacuum Bags are great because you can just drop them in boiling water to thaw.